Friday, July 30, 2010

We Know How to Pick 'Em

Photobucket

Something makes me deliciously happy when we roam this little raspberry patch. I love it. Love it, love it. And how cute do those girls look with their milk gallons tied around their waists?

Photobucket


Photobucket

Ha! Caught it mid-spit. "Dats a bad bewwy!"

Photobucket

The blackberries were a hit this time. Did you know those blackberry bushes are vicious? We all have the battle wounds after running down the row before realizing the thorns involved. Abbey opted for higher ground:

Photobucket

My little Hayden. Becoming quite the drama queen. This is what I got after refusing to let her hold my camera:

Photobucket

Cue Charlie Brown music...
how do they even learn that stance?
But in my defense, she looked like THIS:

Photobucket

We went to the patch on a whim while out running errands so the girls weren't dressed for the stains.

Then we still had some shopping to do afterwards.
Looking like this.
And we lost her at the store.
Looking like this.

I'll remember this next time I see a bedraggled child at the grocery store. Maybe they just came back from some fun.

11 comments:

Danette said...

I want you to post all the delicious things you are going to make with those berries! Your girls are adorable even when they are messy.

koryn said...

I am still lovin' the charlie brown slouch. You are right, it is instintive! I want to come pick! And Abbey's dress is particularly darling. Someone awesome beyond words must have found that for her! Kisses girls. And balloon babies, however short-lived they may be.

Unknown said...

What a fun outing. Your girls are ADORBALE!

Allison and Noah Riley said...

I was going to comment on Abbey's dress even before I knew someone totally awesome must have found that for her.

"Christmas time is here..."

Allison and Noah Riley said...

Also. Abbey looks ten years old in that first picture! Stop growing, little bean!

swell.life said...

So precious! I love the little pig tails and polka dots. The essence of summer...raspberry stains and all! I was wondering if you always let them wear such cute clothes for messy business. But I love that this trip to the berry patch was on a total whim. And I double love that you had your camera along. Hope the stains come out!

Ashley said...

I JUST pulled it out of the dryer tonight for inspection. Two days in some oxyclean did the trick. And actually, it was the lasagna stains from the free sample at Costco later that day that was the worst of it :) Lost her in the warehouse. Covered in raspberries and lasagna. Not my finest moment.

Alisa and Crowells said...

I know I say this every time, but your girls are just too darling! I can't get over Hayden's stance--the hair, hands and head dropped down, the dress, the shoes...what is not to love. :) Glad you did get the stains out. :)

The Hodsons said...

All I can say is that I love raspberries!!!! And Hayden's Charlie Brown stance kinda makes me wanna give her a hug...c'mon Ashley I'm pretty sure your camera would work so much better with raspberry juice in the buttons...haha! Fun pictures and fun outing!

Jeanine said...

Precious girls...I can't believe how big they are getting. Hayden is a little girl. :) It looks like you have had a really fun summer.

Erin said...

That looks so fun! I love her pouting face. :) What fun spur-of-the-moment parents you are. I just love that!
I usually look at blogs while I'm nursing, so I don't usually leave comments as much as I used to, but I had to come back to yours and say hi! I love the summer pictures. As always, your girls are gorgeous!