Monday, January 25, 2010

Pretty Paintings

Abbey's big Christmas present this year was an art easel. I know you more experienced mothers feel you have a million pictures and art projects laying around, but this is so new and charming for me. She loves to draw and gets so focused on her paints. She'll dab a little, step back to look, come back and make a few more strokes until she's satisfied.

When she's done, she makes me close my eyes and stands in front of her work with both arms stretched out. Then she unveils with a 'Ta-Da!!'

This particular one is of her and her dad. When J asked why he had so many eyes, she said, "Those are your whiskers!" He can be a bit grizzly when he gets home after a 32 hour shift.


Photobucket
Photobucket

7 comments:

melissa said...

Lovely. You're such a good mommy for aiding her creativity.

The Laytons said...

That is sooooo cute! I love your girls.

Jennie said...

I love your posts Ashley! Maybe I shouldn't admit this, but I check your blog daily to see if you have captured something new and shared it with the world :) Love and miss you!

allyn said...

you are a brave mother. paint!!! INSIDE! those wouldn't last long around these parts.

how wonderful that she is so focused. it's a definite sign of talent.

Barb said...

talented girl! austin hasnt even come close to people with arms and legs yet. good work with aiding her creativity along.

Alisa and Crowells said...

Ohh, I LOVE art easels!! I can't wait until Elsie is old enough to actually paint like that with a brush. So cute. Where did you get yours? Did the paints come with it? Fun, fun, fun!

Anonymous said...

ok, cool... i just brought a lot of another emo backgrounds in my blog
http://www.emo-backgrounds.info