A few things that have made me happy this weekend:
1) Getting three boxes of highly anticipated Girl Scout Cookies
2) Mini Cadbury Eggs now in stock. Need I say more?
3) J was ping pong champ at the 12th Annual Fenton Ward Chili Cookoff and Ping Pong Tournament last night. It wasn't so much that he won that makes me happy--it's the way he keeps proudly bringing it up; 'So..did they mention the ping pong champion today in sacrament?' No, sorry honey. But so glad this gives you such joy and bragging rights.
4) Although my chili was not even honorably mentioned (I thought of you, Melissa), the cake I made for the YW Cake Auction went for $43! I went more for looks than taste, so I hope the couple who bought it enjoyed. Sorry, no pictures. J wouldn't help me look for the camera before we left because he's a little bitter that I didn't take a picture of his 'award winning pumpkin' from the Halloween Party. But it was a double layer, chocolate cake with chocolate cream cheese frosting. Then I put fresh, chocolate dipped strawberries on top. It's enough chocolate to make any lady happy. A newly engaged guy bought it for his fiancee--smart man.
5) My kid pulling quirky stunts like this all weekend. I didn't have any hand in the wardrobe choice, she put those boots on herself! Do you think I could get away with strolling my babies down the road in this getup? Her stroller had a blanket, two babies, and an entire drawer of shirts. Always prepared. I love this new stage--it is so fun to walk in and find her with funny outfits or giving herself a bath in her baby doll tub.