Thursday, November 4, 2010

last night

last night.

i was snuggling you after reading stories. actually, not reading stories because you had a tantrum when hayden counted your fairies and you lost your book time. boy, you were mad. and sad. but still wanted your snuggling time.

i caught the faint scent of chlorine still in your hair from swimming lessons today. i thought about you jumping in. without me. braving the deep end. without me. i love that you have little fear taking on this world without me. which is probably why i really love these snuggle times. i started a ten minute timer for snuggling time earlier this week but you know i won't stick to that. and dad is on the phone so he hasn't come searching for me yet. so ten minutes turns into thirty...forty. how funny that all three of us often fall asleep in one little twin bed.

hayden is still holding my hand. when i start singing the Beatle's 'I Wanna Hold Your Hand', both of you grab my hands. she still hasn't let go and is completely asleep. when i started to wiggle out of bed, you curled in even more, in a way that made me stay. but not twenty seconds later, you are snoring and i'm out of there. i need more hours in the day. or to get by on less sleep.

Photobucket


i walked into the office to find dad and noticed this picture on the desk, waiting to be framed. what a pretty little girl i have.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Beautiful!

Kyle and Shayla said...

Man! I had to hold back the tears reading that! When did I turn into such a boob!

Tina said...

Aww what a sweet post!! And such a beautiful picture of an adorable girl!

rebecca said...

So sweet:) I still have tears in my eyes:) Love these special moments with the kiddos, huh:)

Alisa and Crowells said...

Such a sweet post. She IS a darling girl.