Thursday, April 9, 2009

For Nana


A few months ago I happened across an old pattern my mother-in-law designed in the early 90's. A stuffed elephant? How cute!? And I knew just who to make it for:

Hello gorgeous!!

Photobucket


I've known Katie {the lovely, new mom} since junior high. She's one of the good ones.

And...in the end...turns out I'm not so great at sewing stuffed animals. But I love the idea. I had to have a friend come over and help me figure it out, this stuff just doesn't make sense to me. But I just get these ideas in my head; can't let them go. And Kath, I knew you wanted to see a picture of it. I promise to keep trying! It was fun sewing off one of your patterns, I'm going to do some more digging around your old handiwork next time we're home.

8 comments:

Angie said...

That is a really cute idea.

val said...

that is THEE cutest thing. i just LOVE it.

Unknown said...

I think it looks fantastic...who says you can't sew???? And that baby is to DIE for. Oh man, You better start a pink one for me now...so we'll send good vibes heavenward :). Heather

Nicole said...

My favorite thing is the embroidered letter on the ear. And that baby's cheeks. :)

aaron and allee said...

I love it! This is sure to be a treasured gift!

Katie said...

Ashley, you are the best. I (and Winston) LOVE the elephant. It is proudly displayed in his room; it's perfect. Thank you so much for thinking of him. I'm glad he could be the excuse for you to get back in touch with your sewing side.

Unknown said...

I swear Ashley...you're good at EVERYTHING! You are the most crafty gal out there. you sew, host fabulously decorated parties, take amazing pictures and are computer savvy to arrange them so nicely on your blog. Please teach me!

Emily S. said...

I'd love to get a copy of that pattern!! So cute! Love your fabric choice...