Sunday, December 18, 2011

First of Many

Photobucket


And so it begins. I imagine we'll have a recital or two in our future :) Abbey did so well at her first performance. She didn't look nervous, didn't hesitate to jump up there, {seriously} didn't rush through her song. It was so cute to see this bitty body sitting at that enormous Steinway.

The last few months have given me a little glimpse into what my mom did for me for years. I wish you could have been there, Mom. I realized that all of Abbey's grandparents are not only out of state, but are all actually out of the country right now. So I uploaded this video for you, thank you, world wide web!

I spent the rest of the recital walking the halls with a loud kid. I imagine I'll have a lot of that in my future as well :)




6 comments:

The Hodsons said...

That is the cutest little video of Abbey's recital!!

hayley said...

That girl is like a metronome! It was impressive how even and calm she played. What a natural

Natalie said...

SO great! Love it!

Corie said...

It's amazing to me how tiny little dependent babies can grow and mature into talented, spirited, unique, incredible people. Your beautiful daughter is proof! It's no wonder... the musical talent comes straight from you, Ashley. (And the beauty, the spunkiness, the smarts, among other things.) Glad to see a post from you again. (I'm wishing to see some newer photos of your boy to see how big and grown-up he is.) Merry Christmas!

Jennie said...

I love this!! Abbey looks so cute and so serious (in a good way). I also liked your comment about roaming the halls with a loud baby being something else you have to get used to. haha! Ah the seasons of life we go through!

Ben and Aimee Sims said...

That was so cute and beautiful. I just love that, it brought a little tear to my eye. I can't wait until Ari is old enough to play the piano.